Meet your Toronto Real Estate Rumble Contenders!
About the event
Toronto Real Estate Rumble is about fun, fitness, and fund‑raising; based on a proven, successful model for charity fund‑raising, self‑improvement, and community engagement.
The Toronto Real Estate Rumble culminates with an exciting gala evening of sanctioned amateur boxing (Olympic‑style) at CBC Studio 40 in Toronto, featuring amateur fighters drawn from the ranks of the Real Estate Industry, in support of imagine1day / WE Charities.
Recruitment happens 12-weeks before the event. Boxers will be selected based on general fitness, attitude (“Heart”), age (all ages are welcome), weight match‑ups, and rivalry potential. All boxers will be “novices”, that is, they will have had no prior in‑the‑ring boxing experience– All match‑ups are approved by Boxing Ontario and our head trainer.
Participants must clear medicals to be registered as amateur boxers with Boxing Ontario and are covered by Boxing Ontario’s liability insurance.
Volunteer boxers are provided with all necessary training for no charge. All that is required is a commitment to the training, the sale of one table at the event (or equivalent), and the raising of a goal donation to the designated charities, imagine1day / WE.
Training is intensive: élite professional and Olympic boxers, trainers, and coaches provide 12‑weeks of expert instruction– boxing, personal nutrition, strength and conditioning, from some of the best in the business (a $10,000 value!). Boxers are trained in 2 teams (red and blue), each headed by an élite boxing trainer and overseen by a head trainer.
A variety of sponsorship opportunities are made available to the Real Estate Industry community: signage, team sponsorships, logos on ring floor, fight presenters, award presenters, logo on corner pads, bag drop at tables, ad space in the program, after party sponsor, etc.
Real Estate Rumble is an opportunity to give something back, to make something possible for yourself, your company, your community, your world.
Experience the pure exhilaration of doing something amazing for a great cause.
A chance to fight for others less fortunate.
A once‑in‑a‑lifetime experience.
About The Cause
WE is a movement that brings people together and gives them the tools change the world. Our unique family of organizations empowers people at home, around the world and with our social enterprise. Being empowered to change the world is what the WE Movement is all about. Taking the pledge on WE.org is where it all begins. Join us. We can’t change the world without you.
imagine1day sends teams of education experts to implement projects in remote communities in rural Ethiopia. They strategically partner with Ethiopians who have a strong vision of the future where all children have a chance to go to school. They spend a minimum of three years on a project to make sure efforts are sustainable. imagine1day has an approach that runs deeper than just bricks and books.
How can you participate?
Be a contender
Here’s your chance to do something truly extraordinary.
Here’s your chance to test your mental courage and your physical stamina.
Here’s your chance to get into the best shape of your life.
Call out your rivals. Show the world what you’ve got.
Step through the ropes and duke it out like the Olympian you know you are!
Here’s how you can fight in the Toronto Real Estate Rumble
- Show up for Recruitment Night on Monday August 28th 2017, 7:00pm at Clancy’s Boxing Academy. Meet the coaches and trainers. Fill out our questionnaire, get assigned a number, have your picture taken. All ages, weight-classes, men and women are welcome to try out.
- The following day show up for our 2-week Evaluation Boot Camp. Over the course of 2-weeks you will be evaluated by our coaches and trainers (strength and conditioning and boxing) during sessions in the gym and on the hills at Riverdale Park—do you have the heart and desire? the general fitness? the ability to learn and take instruction?
- First night of evaluation training begins on Thursday September 7th & Tuesday September 12th at Riverdale Park – 6:30pm-7:30pm.
- Friday September 8th & Wednesday September 13th at Clancy’s Boxing Academy 7:30-8:30.
- Final Team selections will be announced Monday September 18th.
- Official 10 weeks of team training will start.
- Make the team. Red Team is captained by Mark Simmons (5x National Champion, Medalist – Olympic, Pan Am and Commonwealth Games). Blue Team is captained by Mandy Bujold (2x Pan Am Gold Medalist, 9x National Champion, Canadian Olympic Team). Finalists will be chosen based on weight and age match-ups (must be no more than 10 years and 10 pounds apart), rivalry potential, general fitness, boxing IQ, “heart” and desire. All match-ups are approved by our Head Trainer, Rico Mancini, and by Boxing Ontario, the sanctioning body. Finalists will be informed by email.
- Start training. The following 10-weeks will be spent training for your fight—boxing basics, strength and conditioning, nutrition. All trainers must be Toronto Real Estate Rumble trainers. No outside trainers are permitted. All boxing training will be held exclusively at Clancy’s Boxing Academy. Boxers are expected to commit to the training schedule. Before sparring can begin boxers are expected to pass medicals with their doctor and receive amateur credentials from Boxing Ontario.
- Raise $1,000 for imagine1day / WE Charities. Each boxer is required to raise $1,000 for the charity. Similar to fun-runs and other charitable events, an online “Donor Page”, linked to this site, will be created for each boxer so that co-workers, friends and family can find their fighter’s name, open their fighter’s personal page, and donate electronically in support of their fighter. The Donor Page will show how much the fighter has raised towards their goal.
Register Now to Box, and Save Time on Recruitment Night!
So you think you’ve got what it takes to be a contender in the Toronto Real Estate Rumble? If that’s a resounding YES then please fill out the form below and we will contact you with any relevant information you’ll need to get ready for the event in November. Also, if you’d like our team to come in and do a lunch-and-learn at your company, email us at [email protected]
Tell us about yourself
Sponsor a great cause and an exciting event
What’s in it for you?
Here’s an opportunity to associate your brand with an amazing night and a worthy charitable cause. Network with a who’s-who of Toronto Real Estate. Expose your brand to potential clients and customers. Enhance your company’s image within the industry. Demonstrate your commitment to making the world a better place in which to live. This is an opportunity to give something back, to make something possible for those less fortunate, for the children of Ethiopia.
Want to find out more about how Sponsorship Donations can work for your company?
Fill in the form below and someone will contact you within 24 hours
The Coaches & Trainers
With more than 30 years experience teaching and coaching various martial arts and boxing, we are very excited to have Rico head our coaching team. Rico is a Level 4 coach (currently working on Level 5) who organizes and teaches NCCP level 1-3 technical boxing workshops to coaches province wide.
Rico’s technical and organized method of instruction along with his friendly attitude and dedication to the sport of amateur boxing will help these teams gain the skills of pugilism over this intense 12 week program.
RED TEAM CAPTAIN
Mark started boxing at the age of 5 at the former Toronto Newsboys Boxing Club in downtown Toronto having his first fight in 1979. Boxing competitively for 21 years, Mark had over 225 fights, spending 8 years on the Senior National Team, with 5 of those years as the Canadian Heavyweight Champion. Winning a Gold Medal at the 1998 Commonwealth Games, Silver Medal at the 1999 Pan Am Games 5th place finish at the 2000 Olympic Games in Sydney, Australia.
BLUE TEAM CAPTAIN
Nine times Canadian Champion, Pan-Am Gold medalist, and member of Canada’s Olympic Boxing Team, Mandy won her first junior national title in 2006. One year later, she was the senior national champion and also won gold at the American Women’s Continental Championships. Mandy made her debut at the Women’s World Championships in 2008. She won gold at the 2011 Pan American Games. In 2014 she captured bronze at the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow. Mandy successfully defended her Pan Am Games title at Toronto 2015, winning gold in the final. Mandy went on to earn her Olympic berth with a gold medal at the American Continental Qualifier in March 2016.
STRENGTH & CONDITIONING TRAINER
Jason is a Certified Strength Conditioning Specialist, and Director of High Performance for the Canadian & Ontario Soccer Association.
- Trained two-time NBA MVP, Steve Nash, the Canadian all-time leading NCAA basketball points scorer, Juan Mendez, and 2006 Seattle Supersonics draft pick, Denham Brown
- Regular appearances on CP24’s ‘Perfect Fit’
- Featured in magazines such as, Chatelaine, Toronto Life and Homemakers
- Head Conditioning Coach Agency Wars I-II
Jennifer Van Barneveld-Pe
Jennifer Van Barneveld (aka “Coach JVB”) is an online trainer, diet coach, and competitive bikini/physique contest prep specialist. Her clients have ranged from professional athletes, competitive fitness/physique athletes, weekend warriors, and MMA fighters. Her focus is on having each and every one of her clients embrace both fitness and nutrition by having the two elements work synergistically (and realistically) to achieve optimum results. As an accomplished fitness model, Coach JVB now lends her expertise as a Master Trainer and Nutritionist to her many clients across North America. Coach JVB is assisting with the nutritional plans for the boxers of Agency Wars by looking to keep them properly nourished as they embark on 12 weeks of boxing training for their moment in the ring.
Who we are
Who’s behind Toronto Real Estate Rumble?
Creators of “Agency Wars” – Since 2009, 7 sold-out, annual amateur boxing events for charity in Toronto, featuring boxers drawn from the ranks of Toronto’s Advertising, Marketing and Media Industries, with over $125,000 raised for Ronald McDonald House Charities–Toronto
The Toronto Real Estate Rumble Office is at
Clancy’s Boxing Academy
100 Sunrise Ave. Unit 119, Toronto ON, M4A 1B3 | tel: 416 285 0222
Office & Gym Hours
Mon-Fri 12–9pm | Sat 11–5pm
Sponsorships Now Available
Email Us [email protected]
An opportunity to make something possible for your
Copyright 2018 Toronto Real Estate Rumble